A WGBY gift annuity is very appealing if you have investments in bank CDs, bonds, stocks, or other low-yield assets. Contributing these assets to WGBY can significantly increase your income.
A gift annuity is a simple contract whereby, in exchange for a gift of $10,000 or more, WGBY makes quarterly payments to you for the rest of your life. If you wish, a second person such as a spouse or a sibling, also can receive lifetime quarterly payments.
Some of the advantages of a gift annuity are:
- You receive a current income tax deduction equal to a large portion of your gift
- A portion of the income you receive is non taxable
- Payments can be made to you, or another loved one
- Income from annuities can be deferred for a number years and used to supplement retirement
- Income from the annuity is established and guaranteed when you make the gift
- If your annuity is funded with highly appreciated assets, you will only have to report some of the capital gain, and the rest is spread over a number of years
Summit Society Options
Have questions about which planned giving options are best for you? Please call Jodi Fallon Fern, Director of Major and Planned Giving, at (413) 781-2801, x1546, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.