Executive Producer & TV Host
Position Title: Executive Producer & TV Host
Reports to: Local Production Manager
Category: Exempt/Full Time
Supervises: Interns Only
Department: Programming/Local Content
Comp Time: No
This position requires Executive Producing and TV Hosting experience as well as experience in the production of television / web content. This position will executive produce WGBY’s magazine format series “Connecting Point” which currently broadcasts 3 nights a week. Must have proven ability to oversee the content, research, personnel, equipment, and facilities required to deliver finished programs within a set budget and on deadline. Under the direct supervision of the Local Production Manager, this position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the production of script preparation, spots, series, and specials for “Connecting Point” as well as show’s website content. This position is responsible for communicating and behaving in a way that supports diversity and equality among coworkers and colleagues. This magazine-format series will be a mix of news, features, interviews, and music. You will be required to create content, to be delivered across multiple platforms, as well as provide updates to viewers of our efforts through the use of social media.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop concept for and/or determine the key ingredients of a local TV series and guide the Connecting Point team towards these common goals.
- Strong track record in generating original and captivating stories, as well as overseeing content from other show producers.
- Oversee the activities of the producer and production teams on this series.
- Have a confident, open and energetic on-air presence to host a local TV show.
- Must have exceptional, in-depth interviewing skills.
- Must be analytical and un-biased in interviews.
- Must have excellent writing, proofing and editing skills.
- Direct program editing.
- Experience working to daily deadlines while simultaneously working on long range features / stories.
- Supervises the creative content and oversees producers and production workflow on this series.
- Ability to film and edit specific spots or segments.
- Responsible for fulfilling contracts or agreements connected with any given production.
- Responsible for the management of production resources within the authorized budget.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director on monthly marketing plans for the series.
- Work closely with the Development departments to aid in finding funding to support this series.
- Responsible for the performance or contributions of all persons assigned to or associated with the production.
- Direct the work of Programming Interns as assigned.
- Stay informed on station activities and cooperates with all departments.
- Participate in station Membership Drives, Special Events and other community events and/or activities assigned.
- Communicates and behaves in a way that is free from discrimination, intolerance or harassment when interacting with co-workers, colleagues and clients.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned by the Local Production Manager.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree preferably in Communications/Journalism
- 3 years as an Executive producer / journalist for television
- Ability to oversee producers and production teams on this series
- Ability to oversee and create high-quality content for this series
- Ability to conduct and control on air interviews
- On Air Host experience, minimum of 3 years preferred
- Strong writing skills and the ability to write scripts for a local TV show
- Ability to communicate via Blogs and use social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Demonstrated ability to produce content utilizing current broadcast production techniques
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to follow tight deadlines
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of latest business software required
WGBY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS MEANT TO BE A GENERIC DESCRIPTION AND REPRESENTS THE MINIMUM JOB DUTIES AN INDIVIDUAL WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM. INDIVIDUAL DEPARTMENTS WILL/CAN CUSTOMIZE JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND HOURS OF WORK TO MEET THEIR SPECIFIC NEEDS.
Please submit resumes to:
WGBY TV, 44 Hampden St., Springfield, MA 01103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.