Chef Matthew Sunderland
Chandler's at Yankee Candle, www.yankeecandle.com, Deerfield, MA
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
In a small saucepan simmer wine, white wine vinegar, shallots, garlic, and cilantro until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
Add cream and simmer until liquid is reduced by about half.
Add butter all at once and cook over moderately low heat just until creamy and butter is well mixed in.
Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.