Chef Matthew Sunderland
Chandler's at Yankee Candle, www.yankeecandle.com, Deerfield, MA
- 4 oz spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 3-4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 oz red onion, sliced thin
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 oz balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 pinch dry mustard
Mix all except the first three ingredients to make the vinaigrette and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
Add about 1 tablespoon of dressing per salad serving to a hot sauté pan, add the spinach and toss lightly until wilted.
Transfer to a plate and top with the mushrooms and onions.